Saturday, June 22, 2013

drawing challenge






























This weeks host for the drawing challenge is Kristen and her theme is "Solstice". I think it's a beautiful theme and very well choosen for this time of the year. I had to think very hard what it meand to me, do I have traditions or mind sets with the changing seasons, do I have plans? Funny is that I always have to think about the word "midsummer" and country's like Sweden or Norway. Pictures of places where is doesn't get dark, dancing around tree's and fairy's, haha! I realized that I don't do anything special at this point of the year, only hoping that we get some kind of summer and a couple of nice days or even weeks! The last few years our summers in The Netherlands were really bad, before you knew it was already fall. We were happy with 6 days of sun! So for this solstice I dream of reading a good book while sitting in the grass, enjoy the sun and just let the time go by. Please give us some weeks of summer!

For more changing of the seasons please go the sunny spot (what a perfect name the blog has for this challenge!).

10 comments:

  1. i like your musings upon the change of seasons. i can of course totally relate to your summers, which are probably completely similar to belgian summers. yes, we are of course happy with whatever we get... i'll join you for a read in the grass then. sounds like heaven. ..
    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your illustration...peaceful and restful. And I hope you get the summer you are dreaming of. Here in Kansas in USA it is almost always sunny and very hot...many days are 90 to 100 plus degrees F. I will try to push some of sun and hot air your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sitting in the grass, warm enough to read a book, that is a treasure about summer and solstice!

    your drawing is wonderful, i love the simplicity of lines and the green green back ground. very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celine, spending time in the sun, reading a book, feeling the grass on your toes......that's what I'm hoping your summer will be full of this year. Like Lisa, I will try to push some of our July & August heat your way too! Or maybe you could catch a plane and enjoy the summer heat here! xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the hair! and green - what a green - never seen it before here?! it is an interesting drawing, different and I wonder and enjoy it. wish you lots of time to enjoy in green and sun x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's real midsummer green Celine, i can see it from each one of my windows, it rather moves wildly at the moment,
    me too i like the hair, giving a peaceful scene that special touch which make you look and think just some more time, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Celine, that green is moving! Incredible. I can feel the cool summer breeze in the grass! For now it's storm and rain, but who knows. Kom op, zomer! Doe je best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes reading! In the grass with wind breezing across our face and hair blowing a bit, and sun raining on us. And the smells of grass and summertime. Hope you are reading something fabulous. I'm reading the collected poem works of Joseph Brodsky right now and he takes me to many many many grassy fields. Love this green world you have created. N, xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Celine, this could be a fairy reading in the green grass of the Netherlands in summer. I like the background very indefinite you painted here. is as important as the figure of the girl. and somehow there is a balance, (you know I like the figures without shadows)
    ok. do you know something? for me began the winter :((((

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree with you Celine! what better way to spend a sunny day than in a meadow reading- bliss!
    Your drawing is perfect and I love how the face is hidden- private and yet I can also see it as a scribble more abstract- very intriguing!

    Here's hoping that you have a nice patch of sunny weather!! and thanks so much for playing along! Happy summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!