Monday, October 22, 2012

pink ribbon











































In the Netherlands October is the month of Pink Ribbon: an organisation who creates  a worldwide awareness for breast cancer. I'm not sure if it's the same in the rest of the world. Some of you know that my mother died of the effects of breast cancer. Because of this and just to make sure I have to go the docter myself every two years for a check up. This is not in October, my mother's birthday or the day she past away isn't in October but I'm still very aware of it in this month and I just think a bit in pink. That's way this drawing.

And just to make this post not to heavy: I posted a funny quote on my other blog and placed the "follow-link" which I forgot;-) I wish you all a good start in this new week!

8 comments:

  1. Céline is not easy to say something, in this case.
    and I do not try to be funny or to say an important phrase. I send you a hug and tell you that your artwork is very beautiful and fits perfectly into this serious issue.
    good week for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. es ist ein schweres thema, aber man muss drüber reden. ich finde es ganz toll, dass du so offen damit umgehst, denn es betrifft jede frau, weil jede angst vor brustkrebs hat. dein bild dazu ist sehr beeindruckend.
    aber über roald dahls cerealien musste ich auch lachen!
    ganz liebe grüße, ich denk an dich. mano

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bijzondere tekening, Celine. Sterkte!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to remember something ugly Celine.
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celine, I love your drawing.
    I lost my best friend to breast cancer a few years ago but my daughter who was diagnosed with cancer almost 10 yrs ago is now pregnant with her first baby! Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Céline you will receive an invitation by mail. Please accept it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog today and had to make my first comment. I live in Serbia and just the other day (24th October) I listened to a radio show dedicated to breast cancer and the ladies that are fighting it. It was done on that day since they said 24th October is International Day of Breast Cancer Awareness. I am sorry about the loss of your mother and your two year check ups. Hope all stays well with you in that area.
    And about your picture - that is a neat one for sure. I like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sorry about your mum, céline. no, i did not know, it's a vulnerable moment you share with us. i'm sure, somehow, it's all in there. i think you've also just added credit to the pink ribbon.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!