Friday, June 1, 2012

it comes to you in slow attacks
































A few days after the exhibition and my head is full of ideas. At first I just thought: well, back to work and finish the drawing I started. But now the new ideas just keep coming and I have to write them down and make some new sketches so my head settles down. The funny thing is that if I have a lot of new ideas, it paralysis me at first and I can't really start. It's like I can't get a grip on it. But that's over know, back to work, now for real!

6 comments:

  1. oh, I know this so well. and every way I have tried to play tricks with it, failed. big time. it seems we have to take these things as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This usually happens, Céline,
    I think it is anxiety (you know that feeling really? :) which person with ideas in his head does not know?
    I usually sit at my board and start to procrastinate until it slowly starts to run my head connected with my hand (left)
    ha ha, patience is not our virtue, right?
    BTW This picture is exceptional, you are the master of escorzos, Céline!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ben benieuwd wat er gaat komen... leuk al die nieuwe inspiratie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gönn dir einfach ein bisschen aus-zeit!
    aber wie ich dich kenne, hast du inzwischen sicher schon wieder den (rot)stift in der hand!!
    ganz liebe grüße und ein schönes, kreatives wochenende! mano

    ReplyDelete
  5. liebe céline, hast du vielleicht einmal lust dazu, an einer drawing challenge teilzunehmen? ich bin diese woche die hostess und mein thema lautet LETTERS - BRIEFE. du müsstest deinen beitrag am samstag oder sonntag 9./10. juni posten. melde dich, wenn du dabei bist!
    liebe grüße von mano

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow attacks--I love how you describe this...it's so similar for me. Ideas bubble up and crowd in...then I can't seem to do anything with them for a while. Then one pushes forward and...away we go! This illustration has such a great POV--and so expertly foreshortened! I like the colors in it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!