Tuesday, April 3, 2012

only in my head








































These are two of my new drawings. As I started them I was absolutely convinced by the new directions the drawings were going. As I finished this one, I already wasn't so sure about my new idea, but I told myself that at least I have to finish the second one. So I did and there should be a number 3, but I don't know if I will ever draw that one. I'm already started a new drawing in another direction. This is not what I imagined them to be. Maybe the drawings will work if you see them all 3 hanging next to each other, like a triptych. Sometimes the images in my head turn out to be a bit different in reality...


10 comments:

  1. Love them both! I like this new direction. Your Pippi girls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ich finde die neue perspektive sehr spannend - obwohl ich beim längeren betrachten das gefühl bekam, dass ich die bilder umdrehen möchte, um pippi von vorn zu sehen. aber allein deshalb ist diese richtung schon sehr gelungen - weil man neugierig wird, weil man in eine starke beziehung zu pippi gerät. man will in kontakt mit ihr treten, aber (noch) lässt sie es einfach nicht zu. wieder ganz schön frech...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like mano, I believe they work out fine. but as I know myself, it has been you who needs to be convinced. leave them aside and give them a little rest. when you return, maybe things are different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Céline they are great!
    I really liked them, Pippi is peaceful in a beautiful pose.
    I wonder how is striking to see them all together or grouped in triptychs,
    would be really cool! congratulations for this work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all good, Celine, if not, the artist gets bored, I am convinced that!
    and boredom is the worst thing that can happen to an artist!
    kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you do the third one. I think hanging them as a triptych would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame we can’t pick your brain: i’m sure it would be amazing to see those picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ze zijn prachtig!! drieluik is volgens mij heel mooi, haast als een klein-grote animatie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!