Monday, February 7, 2011

black swan

















Did anyone see the movie Black Swan? It's now in cinema's in The Netherlands. I quess you heard about it, it's so present in the media. But if not, it's about a ballet dancer who wins the lead in "Swan Lake" and is perfect for the role of the delicate White Swan - Princess Odette - but slowly loses her mind as she becomes more and more like Odette's evil sister, Odile, the Black Swan.
I wanted to be a ballet dancer wenn I was younger, but at the age of sixteen had a complication at my knee  and surgery followed. Bye bye dream! But after seeing this movie I guess I can be glad it didn't work out, haha. If you like ballet you would probably like this movie. I especially liked the dark scene's of the black swan. These drawings are my version of the swan.

5 comments:

  1. wow c. it'great! I would like to see your white swan as well.
    I've seen the movie, Natalie is absolutely amazing. Nice movie, but I think something is missing. Maybe more details. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the movie,
    but, this illustration... is the best!
    very strong and expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Celine! What a beautiful image you have created! Just stunning.

    My former sister-in-law was a wonderful prima ballerina and it just seemed like a very cut throat art form. So much was demanded of the dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the film, but this illustration is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Ik heb deze kennelijk gemist, stuit er nu al scrollend op. Mooi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment!